- We suggest a yoga mat (or 2 stacked) for comfort
- For our classes, you will not need any equipment, you will be able to perform all of the exercises just with your body! If available, we suggest something to squeeze between the knees- block, Magic Circle, towel, pillow!
- Set your mat up so that your instructor can see your profile view. Sometimes, we tend to keep the camera too high or too low- ideally, your screen shows from head to toe and from front to back. In Pilates, it is very important for the teacher to be able to see the position of your lower back and ideally everything else!
- Wear tight fitting clothes so your teacher can see your form.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions or inquire about modifications- this is your time and your class!
Olivia began her Pilates journey at the age of nine as a supplement to her ballet training at Festival Ballet Providence. Having been introduced to Pilates at such a young age in conjunction with her formal ballet education nurtured a solid foundation for her understanding of how the body moves. Pilates over the years has been an essential element in strength and endurance training as well as a way of preventing and recovering from injuries throughout Olivia’s career as a professional ballet dancer.
Olivia danced with Festival Ballet Providence, now Ballet RI, for five years before joining the North Atlantic Ballet where she is currently in her third season. Olivia has also spent a number of years as a children’s division ballet director at Ballet Prestige in RI and is now a childrens and adult ballet teacher at the North Atlantic Ballet. Her love of teaching and experience with movement inspired her to begin her Pilates instructor training in 2023. Olivia feels very lucky to be able to share her love of movement with the community at Endurance Pilates. She hopes to foster a welcoming environment within her classes with a focus on proper body alignment and to share her appreciation of the power of simplicity in Pilates.