- We suggest a yoga mat (or 2 stacked) for comfort
- For our classes, you will not need any equipment, you will be able to perform all of the exercises just with your body! If available, we suggest something to squeeze between the knees- block, Magic Circle, towel, pillow!
- Set your mat up so that your instructor can see your profile view. Sometimes, we tend to keep the camera too high or too low- ideally, your screen shows from head to toe and from front to back. In Pilates, it is very important for the teacher to be able to see the position of your lower back and ideally everything else!
- Wear tight fitting clothes so your teacher can see your form.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions or inquire about modifications- this is your time and your class!
Principal Instructor, Classical Authentic Certified by Balance, Professional Dancer
Noah started his journey with Pilates after leaving his home in Knoxville, Tennessee to attend The Nutmeg Conservatory for the Arts in Connecticut, where he studied classical ballet. His instructors encouraged Pilates to improve stability and balance in conjunction with his intensive ballet training. This foundation would continue to influence his career to come.
Once graduating he danced with various companies including Charlotte Ballet, Jose Mateo Ballet Theatre, Les Ballets Trockadero des Monte Carlo and North Atlantic Ballet. While living in NYC he decided it was time to get his certification in the exercise that he attributed to his core strength and stability all those years. After 6 months he received his full certification from Balanced Pilates in NYC where he taught for several months before the global pandemic when he then moved back to Tennessee. He taught there for 2 years before moving back up to Boston, MA.
Now he is excited to continue sharing his love of Pilates here with the community in Boston. His focus is in the beautiful simplicity of classical Pilates exercises to strengthen and stabilize deeper supporting muscles. He believes Pilates is for everyone and always has a body positive culture in his classes. Whether you are an athlete or someone who is just getting into exercise, there is a place for you in his class